Method of Approach: G.V. Enterprises can manage all your District requirements. We are Project Management Consultants,
and we can perform a total leadership package for the District. Specifically, the following may apply:
Design Management Phase:
- Pre-Project Services (if required): Pre-project services will include any meetings or presentations as required
by your District for presentation of the program to the citizens of the District. This will include organization and/or
participation in and preparation of informational material, statistical data, scheduling and costs.
- Consultant Selection: If your consultants have not been selected, a process would be implemented to do this.
Proper consultants would be selected and coordinated with District legal counsel. This would be formed around your
specified District requirements. G. V. Enterprises would manage the process for the District. Professional contracts
would be recommended (negotiated) by G. V. Enterprises in conjunction with the Districtís legal counsel. G. V. Enterprises
has saved clients extensive professional fee cost due to their knowledge of the industry requirements.
- Work with Specialized District Consultants: G. V. Enterprises will direct any and all specialized
District-selected consultants to include any contractor assigned construction managers to help information flow to
all design staff concerned.
- Facilities Location: Site information will be reviewed regarding utilities, communications, traffic, initial
capital expenditure, zoning, and the grading and drainage preliminary study. Keep in mind, design criteria from the
District/Users may influence the facility or utility location as well as site grading and drainage. Utility and offsite
work can be a staggering cost consideration and will not be ignored. Appropriate funds for work scopes would be reviewed
- Educational Specifications: G. V. Enterprises will program the District's Educational Specifications. This
will be a "comprehensive" effort to better direct the Architect on the District's requirements. The Americans with
Disabilities Act Report documentation, along with other mandated programs will be coordinated into the Educational S
pecifications program. This process should be included in the architectural fee.
- Environmental Criteria: Environmental criteria gathering would be supervised by G. V. Enterprises and compiled
into a document by the Architect of Record, if an Architect is retained (verified by G. V. Enterprises), and then submitted
to the District for "sign-off". The Americans with Disabilities Act documentation will be coordinated (interfaced) into
the environmental criteria. It is extremely important that this information be submitted correctly to the design staff to
insure that the District receives the user requirements they desire. All facility mandatory programs will be implemented
during this process. The design staff can then be evaluated on their effectiveness in satisfying these requirements at
the close of the design process/start of construction documents. This program function is extremely important. This
process will save the District costs.
- Future Building Requirements: All future requirements, as input by all team members will be taken into
consideration. This includes, but is not limited to building location, utility sizing verification, building pad
preparation, circulation, grading and drainage and budget.
- Budget: G. V. Enterprises will control budget (if assigned) by setting budget goals after all team members
are consulted. The District's purchasing and accounting department will be utilized to its fullest extent to assure
compliance with the State Procurement requirements. This is extremely important to keep team continuity, morale and
audit control. Along with the budget constraints, a cash flow to the accounting staff (District) shall be generated
to show all expenditure activity. This function is generally limited to construction by most Project Management firms.
G. V. Enterprises will take all costs (funding sources) into consideration for a complete District cash flow. Total
project scheduling is part of the phase of the program.
- Bid and Other Contract Document Review: Review all bidding documents as prepared by the Architect (if involved)
and recommend any necessary changes. Assist the Architect and District in bidding process, review of bids and award
recommendation to the Board.
Post Construction Services:
- Project Meetings: G. V. Enterprises would anticipate a minimum of one meeting per week per project with the
design staff for each project. The progress will be discussed to make sure all District considerations are either met
or a written reason is generate back to the District to explain why the programming was not met. The District would
then review and comment before programming/design or construction is complete.
- Scheduling: Milestone scheduling would be formed to give all team members information regarding site selection
(location) completion date (if applicable), design completion date, site work, pre-order (if required) of equipment, both
District and contractor items, District move-in coordinating items, underground utility (both offsite and onsite
installation), start and stop dates to form a general sequence of construction activities from a point forward to include
but be limited to electrical, mechanical plumbing, fire sprinkler, structural roofing and any other specialized construction
activities. The schedule would indicate permit review time with all agencies required (Health Department, State Fire
Marshall, city municipalities, building department and any required special education review authorities).
- Site Visitation: G. V. Enterprises would supply a Project Manager, to manage the project(s) and give sufficient
support to insure the District that all contract items are accomplished. G. V. Enterprises would represent the District,
and act though the design authority (if required) to correct any possible deficiencies in the project. Specifically, the
Architect (if applicable) would be given directive, rather than the contractor, assuming the Architect is heading a
complete design staff and is named for this function in their contract to the District. This would be accomplished in
meetings at each site once per week to hold project continuity. It should be noted that on other projects managed by our
staff, we have been able to coordinate and expedite all design staff work. All pay applications would be initialed by
G. V. Enterprises to certify all amounts are true and correct to the best of our knowledge. This function requires all
team members meeting and agreeing on the pay application at once to save time.
- Contract Work Scope: Changes will be reviewed by G. V. Enterprises for complete detail checking.
- As-Built Conditions: As-built conditions shall be verified or recorded to verify all as-built utility
- Close-Out Data: Closeout data would be reviewed and transmitted to the District (if approved by G. V. Enterprises).
- Warranty: One-year and two-year walk-through inspections would be mandatory. G. V. Enterprises would have the
Architect/Engineer of Record (if applicable), the contractor(s) and the District attend. All warranty issues would be
satisfied at the close of the two-year term (one year, ten months). If the items were not completed, G.V Enterprises
would give recommendation to the District regarding how to get Architect/Engineer or the contractor to respond to their